Friday, March 07, 2008

I'm so not ready

When Colliculus sent out his Evite a few weeks ago inviting people to his big birthday nutty cook-off, I thought, "well, isn't that what frequent flier miles are for?" Parties in places where I used to live trigger my love of efficiency and maximizing of time -- not only can I visit and see my friends, but I can see many of them at one time in one place. So I got my ticket, and I'm headed on in later today.

What I forgot in terms of Chicago, especially now that I live in weather near-paradise, is that it is unbelievably terribly horribly cold there for much of the year. Including March. Especially March. As in it will be 50 degrees colder when I get off the plane than when I got in it. And, um, it turns out I don't even have real gloves here. I don't even know where to *buy* real gloves now that one of mine turns out to be missing. But I'd better figure out where to go and get some en route, or else I think I might get frostbite. Seriously. My dream of walking around in 15 degree weather (yes, Farenheit, Maloney) actually woke me up right now! I should probably head back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home