Friday, February 22, 2008

Out of touch

Well, with the Oscars coming up this weekend, there's the usual furor and compilation of information - who's getting what in the Oscar bag? who has been best dressed? who has been worst dressed?

Out of idle curiosity, while waiting for something to download, I just followed this Yahoo link to a compendium of worst-dressed Oscar attendees. Oh wait, it's actually entitled "Oscar fashion disasters" on the portal page, that's even worse.

So... what does it mean that I actually like the majority of the dresses that they're disdaining? They don't even explain what the problem is for many of them, like it's oh-so-self-evident, but I'm clicking "next" and going, "Huh, I like that." Or, "She looks pretty." Or, "Yeah, that bow is too big, but the rest of it is ok." And that Bjork thing where she wore the swan and her handbag was an egg that she laid from under the dress? That people are still making fun of to this day? I totally loved it.

I guess it's a good thing I'll never be an Oscar-nominated actress, or date an actor who will attend the Oscars, because obviously I would wear something completely, totally wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ju said...

You do know about Go Fug Yourself, right? They can help explain what the problem is with a particular look, usually in a hilarious manner. They should be out in full force after (during?) the Oscars on Sunday

3:42 PM  
Blogger Pangea said...

I most certainly did not! This definitely helps, although I still stand by at least several of the damned dresses in the Yahoo thing...

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home