Friday, February 22, 2008

I have said it before

and will say it again: It is a small world.

Just now coming back from the library I took the back stairs heading to my third-floor office. Walking down the stairs was a woman talking on her cell, and her voice was really familiar, and I looked at her as she came to the bottom of the flight and she looked at me and I said, "Hey, aren't you my downstairs neighbor?" And in fact, she is. And had told her girlfriend on several occasions that she had thought she was seeing me in the building, but had been pooh poohed. So she is my downstairs neighbor twice over -- she lives directly beneath me in our apartment building, and her office is one floor below mine, although since she works in administration, it's unfortunately for complete parallelism not directly vertical. Even so, small world.

How fitting to return to this theme for what appears to be my 200th post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home