Sunday, November 04, 2007

Falling back

is one of my favorite parts of the fall. I like the idea of sleeping an hour more than usual, except for the part where due to my sleep issues it's not really the alarm clock waking me up, usually more like a cat or a stress dream. Although both of these issues better since the move back to California. But the excitement of the new time quickly wears off once I realize that this will hamper my biking -- now if I'm going to stay on campus after 5 pm, I'm probably going to have to take the bus. LaLa Land drivers are bad enough in the daytime, where they glare at you angrily for taking up space on the roads where cars are king, or in certain parts of Beverly Hills, where middle-aged men rev their motors at me as they speed down the block from one stop sign to the next one, located maybe 1/4 mile away. I don't know at what point car engines started indexing male genitalia, but I do wish they'd get over it.

I'm currently back in San Francisco, first trip up since the move on out. A friend from my old supper club is getting married tomorrow, and another friend from the supper club had an engagement party this evening (totally fortuitous). So it's kind of a marital time. I'm kind of wishing in my frantic 10-minutes-before-I-left packing this morning I'd actually managed to bring the wedding invitation, since I kind of think I remember where it is, but I'm not entirely sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home