Thursday, October 04, 2007

Noise pollution

Yesterday I was out from 7:30 to 8 doing worky stuff on campus (and I don't mean half an hour) - taught my grad seminar (so far, so good), went to department party, went to a (not as information-filled as one might hope) talk and subsequent discussion, and then wisely excused myself from the post-talk dinner, since I was already wiped out.

So I decided to work from home today, doing laundry and dishes and whatever between work units, except that I am being foiled by the incredibly loud construction directly beneath my living room window (and echoing back from the tiny alley behind the building as well). Usually it's only mildly noisy, but today appears to be "run the cement truck and endlessly pour cement with a really really really loud motor" day, with two other supplementary motors also running. At least, as I found when I looked out the window to see what the hell was going on, some of the equipment is entertainingly named.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home