Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pagans

Happy Halloween! So far on campus I have not seen anyone who looks particularly stranger than some of the people just walking around in my neighborhood (although my local transvestites are far more skilled at sartorial feminization than frat-boy types). One of my smartest grad students is currently dressed as Miss Piggy, and while the curly blonde hair really suits her, I found the prosthetic pig nose somewhat distracting when she made her astute comments on the week's readings. (Also a highlight of class today was when someone misspoke and said she needed a clarifiquestion. I'm always a fan of the portmanteau word, but particularly liked this one and may incorporate it into my lexicon.)

Although the man has shut down other major Halloween gatherings, my local Boystown Halloween action should be going strong as of 6 pm. Considering the hyperawareness of self-presentation already going on in Hollywood, I have a suspicion that people tonight are going to look really good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Goldrick said...

Clarifiquestion!--that's like a parody of a Pangeaism.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home