Monday, October 01, 2007

On the town

I've been seeing a lot of good stuff around town, but sadly, only periodically have my camera. It's easier when the entertainment begins at home, which apparently recently turned into an opium den.
I'm wondering if the people who made these restroom signs were also smoking opiates -- how else to explain why the people are so very wavy?
Spotted at a street fair in Venice: flip flops with leg warmers. An up-and-coming trend? Look for it in a mall near you (probably without the blue dreads, though) (not pictured).
Immigrant store owners in the Fashion District may have questionable spelling,
and questionable ideas about appropriate names for retail/wholesale clothing stores (which one of my dresses should survive?),
and questionable storefront advertising,
but they do have excellent taste in bad doggie paintings
and pig chairs (which don't come cheap, mind you!).
Now I'm kind of bummed that I already have a semi-tacky chair/ottoman combo. I also now have serious bike envy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home