Friday, May 05, 2006

Sprung

I think I've already mentioned that one of the better aspects of Spookytown living is the weather. Not as nice as California, for sure, but the spring sure does come earlier than some other places I've lived. And HippyDippyville, it turns out, is also known as "Azalea City" -- I'm assuming for just the reasons you might expect. The bushes that I had not been paying the slightest bit of attention to for the last 8 months recently transformed into a glorious profusion of pink blooms. This is what it looks like as I come out my front door (you can see the Pimpmobile waiting for me at the bottom of the steps, gold hubcaps actually outshone at the moment).
And this is what it looks like as I walk back up to the front door.
The blooms are particularly sweet just after the rain, when they're all dewy and radiant (like a sweaty bride, perhaps?).
The tree that was budding earlier also has turned out to be remarkably attractive. I don't know what it is, but I know I like it:
It looks a tiny bit like a magnolia, but is entirely fragrance free.
Even so, standing underneath it is a real pleasure.
Hooray for nature!

3 Comments:

Blogger erma said...

Looks like a dogwood to me. It's lovely.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you need to trim that bush in front of your house.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Pangea said...

You know, Erma, I think you're right. The dogwoods I grew up with 250 miles to the north were kinda different looking (and usually pink and white); hence the confusion. As for you, Anonymous, you think a little landing strip leading up to the front door would be a classier option?

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home