Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hormonal upsurge?

Research has apparently shown that men are sensitive to female fertility, and are more attracted to women who are at the most fecund point in their monthly cycle. Friends of mine feel like they are sometimes living proof of this phenomenon, and one says to me, periodically, when I describe some sort of entertaining and unexpected male behavior, "you must be ovulating." And she's almost always right.

So, based on some experiences over the course of the last three days, I think I must be ovulating. Just yesterday, for example:
1. Chatting online with an acquaintance of mine, he felt compelled to mention that one of his sources of entertainment for his February Mondays off was, um, solo activities
2. Minutes after arriving at a bar in a slightly more nightlife oriented suburb of Spookytown, the drunkish guy to my right turned to me and asked, quite sincerely, for my opinion on issues of male endowment, bringing to the table (so to speak) his own, and asking for an evaluation of a somewhat crushing comment his recent ex had made to him
3. Another man in said bar told me less than 60 minutes after meeting me that he was in love with me, and I think he was only 1/2-3/4 kidding.

Put this together with the youngish male teacher at my makeup yoga class on Saturday giving me an adjustment (after asking permission to adjust, of course) that involved basically putting two hands on my butt and moving my entire pelvic girdle into a new position, and I can't help but think it may be true. I've spent a month being apparently almost entirely repugnant to the XY types, so I think I'll enjoy it while it lasts, which should be, according to my rhythm method calendar, another day or two...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hussy!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home