Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Civic branding

So I was driving to work the other day (god, I hate that I can write those words) and found myself stuck in traffic for a while behind this ambulance.
I was sitting there fiddling with the radio and kind of staring idly into space when I suddenly became aware of what was written on the back, which seemed so striking that I whipped out my cell phone and took a photo. (Obviously I should be carrying around my camera at all times in this town.) The photo isn't the best quality, so in case you can't read it the ambulance says " PGFD" in red official-looking letters, and then in a friendly blue script, "Keepin' it safe..."

The fire department for the county that I work in needs a motto to sell people on the fact that it's a good idea to have emergency services? "Ohhh, the fire department is keepin' it safe, well, I guess I will support them." ????? Now if only aggressive Spookytown drivers would learn to actually let ambulances get by them during rush hour traffic (perhaps they can't hear the sirens or see the flashing lights?), they too could take some credit for keepin' it safe.

2 Comments:

Blogger erma said...

hooray! the more you post, the more it keeps me away from the fashion blogs. good for the PGFD, keepin' it safe. much better than, say, keepin' it ablaze.

12:35 PM  
Blogger erma said...

Funny bus ride today, but that's for another blog. At any rate, the bus driver, who was rather chatty when he wasn't screwing up the route (actually, even when he was), announced the motto for the county transit system. I can't remember it exactly, but it was something along the lines of "Metro gets you where you're going". Further illustration that the county administrative departments don't have a lot extra money to spend on the branding.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home