Sunday, March 12, 2006

Rounding the bend

Well, it appears that my fourth season in Spookytown has just begun - after a beginning of March that was colder than most of (eerily-heralding-a-global-warming-apocalypse-warm) January, suddenly it appears to be spring. For example, crocuses are everywhere, in particular on the other side of the creek that is across from my house.
It's a veritable carpet, and awfully sweet.
The trees in front of the house are budding as well, and I imagine will be all leafy and green in the blink of an eye.
By contrast, I myself am not filled to bursting with barely suppressed vitality. A few weeks ago I started taking some medication again to combat the resurgence of a stomach condition I thought I had under control, and a few days ago I broke out in hives that got so severe that I actually went to a doctor right away (my usual m.o. would be to suffer for at least a week before getting help), so now I'm on drowsy-making prescription antihistamines to control the hives. This morning, reading the literature for Medication One, I learned that some people can have negative reactions such as itching and skin rashes, and suddenly realized that I am taking sleep-inducing Medication Two to counteract an allergic reaction to Medication One! Which seems a bit much. So I am sitting here in my backyard, covered with puffy itchy red blotches on my face and extremities and periodically nodding off, and I guess I'll stay this way (well, not outside) until tomorrow, when I'll call my doctor and try to get a replacement for Medication One. It's kind of funny, really. Well, except for being so damn itchy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Prairielanding said...

That sucks! I hope you feel better.
BTW here there are some green nubs that are definitely crocuses, because what else could they be, but certainly nothing resembling a flower as of yet. Might as well count yer blessings.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home