Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Find your happiness where you can

Lots to write about these days, but not so much time or motivation to actually do the writing. It might be nice to move past voice recognition software and right to brain recognition software, so I could just think things at the computer and it would write them down. Of course, then everyone would be producing Joycean stream-of-consciousness prose, and then where would we be? (Nowhere good, that's for sure.)

Today's happiness came from a quite modest place -- I had my first good hair day today since the Marlo Thomas hair debacle of early February. Upon this realization (approximately mid-afternoon, in the bathroom at work), I was able to face the rest of the day with equanimity, even my unexpected role as model for every single yoga pose in tonight's final practice of the winter session. In an outfit I had thrown on in my precisely 2 minutes at home between work and class: my not-so-camouflaging-of-the-body-flaws bright periwinkle shelf-bra tank top (on the tight and low-cut side) and my old black yoga pants with the saggy waistband and patched crotch ("did I patch it all? is anything showing?" were the decidedly non-restorative thoughts accompanying my demonstrations of each (crotch-exposing) restorative pose, not to mention the fact that several of the poses also involved lying back with several folded blankets between the shoulder blades, a distinctly bosom-highlighting posture that probably said something more like "welcome to my breasts!" to the nearly 40 class members gathered around me than "this is how you lie in a restorative way on several folded blankets that are positioned between your shoulder blades"). Anyway, by the time Wednesday rolls around, I will have visited an allergist, a therapist, a nutritionist, and an acupuncturist, and with mind-body problematic issues coming somewhat more under control (I don't even have the energy to list them all) perhaps I will be in a place that is more conducive to entertainingly writing up the continued (and even somewhat varied) adventures of Pangea in S-town (and also SF and NYC)...

(Sorry, didn't get a chance to take a picture of the good-hair day before it was ruined by the yoga ponytail, so no illustrations today.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home