Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wearing your heart on your sleeve (or chest)

So, in this morning's bout of yard saling I didn't manage to find any of the things I'm looking for, but I did buy a second overly snug entertaining identity politics-related t-shirt in green (because one surely not enough), to wit:
The small print, presumably not legible in the above picture, reads "A Real American Hebrew."

Maybe this is about supporting the troops? At least the Semitic ones. Anyway, a happy find for the new year.

4 Comments:

Blogger erma said...

In the last two days I've seen two t-shirts on the street that were somewhat similar (in concept, not fit) to yours. One had "Foreigner" printed on the back. The other said "I too can eat spicy food" on the front. These were both in Korean, of course. They were possibly worn by the same person, but I can't be sure.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Pangea said...

I was going to say, "What, do all Koreans look the same to you?" And then realized that you'd probably seen Person One only from the back. So no tongue-in-cheek allegations of racism on my part. But maybe that could be another t-shirt in Korean? "All Koreans look the same to me." Nah...

7:30 AM  
Blogger Matt Goldrick said...

Happy new year! I've mentioned you in at least three conversations this weekend about Y.K.

As much as I like the shirt, it doesn't top 1/12 Uzbekistanian.

7:42 PM  
Blogger erma said...

No, it's that all foreigners look the same to me. Duh! A Korean person wouldn't wear those shirts. Koreans don't put that much thought into what's printed on their shirts. Today I saw Korean wearing a t-shirt that I could read only part of, but that part said "Vagina". That was in English. He was walking around with his mother, so I don't think it was knowing irony.

I think that foreigner is (those foreigners are) going to be disappointed when he realizes that Koreans don't read shirts, even when they're written in Korean.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home