Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Phew!

Apartment found, security deposit given, buyer's remorse minimal: no balcony or real outdoor space (a shame given how much I like to spend time outdoors) and really not the prettiest building from the outside, but: hardwood floors, a semblance of character, off-street parking, cat-friendly, laundry in building, and a really really good location, just a half block from a bus that may get me to campus in a reasonable amount of time, in walking or biking distance to approximately 1000 things (possibly more), and 1 block from what Stovie says is one of the best yoga studios in LA, the one he himself tries to get to when visiting friends here. As a bonus, my Russian should get back into better shape, along with my access to pickled tomatoes, smoked fish, and grease-laden piroshki.

Once the lease is signed, I'll be sending out the "new contact info" e-mail (along with heartfelt apologies to all the people I owe e-mail to, my inbox weighs on my conscience every time I open it). I'm moving in just 2 1/2 weeks, but at least my old 3-page to-do list is shrinking daily!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ju said...

Congrats! I didn't get to post my positive wishes to you, but they must have worked. Consider it a birthday present from me and the Virgin Mary to you.

- erma "Assumption is my middle name" p

11:10 AM  
Blogger Pangea said...

I wondered what that misty vaguely feminine haloed form was hovering over my new apartment building. Now I understand it must have been a saintly frog with pigtails.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home