Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It went fine

Thanks a lot to everyone who wrote with "break a leg" messages in re my job talk and campus visit today -- much appreciated! I am now totally wiped out, so will make this brief and just say that I think it went fine. Long fancy dinner last night with the search committee, and then today my first meeting was at 10:15 and my last meeting (over dinner) ended at 8:15 and I had to force them to give me bathroom breaks at points in between, bathroom breaks that were my only alone/down/quiet time. Lots of pleasant interactions with faculty members and grad students, lots of positive feedback on the talk (both during and after). I wore a nice professional-type outfit that I thought looked pretty ok (knee-length black fancy blazer/shirt and grey tweedy pants with fancy Turkish glass necklace), and I wasn't even nervous until the cab ride home (what's that about?). Now I just have to avoid the department on Thursday and Tuesday when Candidates 2 and 3 arrive for the same treatment and hold office hours in the coffee shop in the student center instead. I should know decision-wise by the end of next week or beginning of the week after that; if I have good news, I'll post it here.

I can no longer sit upright, so will succumb to gravity's pull...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home