Sunday, June 25, 2006

Unexpected visions

I woke up this morning and found ducks on my front lawn.
It rained most of the night and has been pouring all morning, and the creek across the street is on a rampage. Or at least much higher and faster than usual (since they built the fancy new bridge at the end of the street, completed a month before my arrival, it doesn't flood the entire street anymore).
Anyway, the ducks, who are apparently taking refuge until the water dies down, were an unexpected vision of loveliness. Much like my dad's new acupuncturist, who we saw for the first time last week. My dad is suddenly having kind of serious medical problems (Mom and I think they're predicated by this new medication he started taking a few weeks ago; his cardiologists insist that we are totally wrong). During my internet research, I read about some clinical trials where acupuncture ameliorated conditions related to his, and so Stovie and I followed trails of references and found him a recommended acupuncturist out on the Island, not too far from where he lives. I went up to New York early last week, for moral support and to facilitate his appointment, since I've had lots of acupuncture (as my bank account can attest to) and he's had none. And let me tell you, Long Island acupuncturists are apparently a separate breed. This one opened the door to greet us in a tight-fitting green dress (and white lab coat), totally groomed hair and makeup, and what I swear were white Chanel pumps. Her receptionist too was a vision of loveliness - nubile, blonde, and clearly braless under her tiny sundress. I have never, ever seen a acupuncturist with makeup, nor one with a receptionist, let alone a receptionist who is a 21-year old beach bunny. But acupuncture-wise, she appears to be really competent, and my dad seems positively eager to return next week...

2 Comments:

Blogger erma said...

Sure enjoyed that rampage. Hope your rampaging creek doesn't hurt you or your feelings.

The Pending-Prunes are visiting from China.

9:47 PM  
Blogger j-ka said...

dear god pangea. There is a lot of catching up to do on my part. Crazy how good you are at this blogging thing. I started at the top and scrolled to this end point--thus, the randomly placed comment. Nice life full of green!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home