Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sweet mysteries of (Spookytown) life

On the way home from Green Drinks tonight (around the time my eyes started permanently crossing each time I encountered the word "reflexivity" I decided that I *had* to take a break from working on my article revisions) the bus got pretty crowded, as it often does. It's my usual way to get home from downtown Spookytown, unless I'm walking, since it drops me off right on my corner, and while it starts out pretty empty, by the time I get off it's a bit of a push to get through the crowds and make it to the door. There are basically two types of passengers on this route - white Spookytown wonky types (often besuited) and Hispanic recent immigrant types, sitting or standing next to each other, never really talking or looking at one another, worlds adjacent but not intersecting. Well, except in me, with members of both groups clearly thinking I'm one of theirs. Anyway, tonight about halfway home with the bus half full about 8 Hispanic men filed on, all in very clean t-shirts and jeans, most wearing baseball caps. The second guy, with incredibly feathered hair, was wearing a nametag, the paper kind with adhesive on the back, with "JOB" hand written on it. "Some kind of job fair?" I thought. Until the seventh guy got on and he too was wearing a similar nametag (none of the other guys were), and his said "DARWIN." So now I'm thinking they had come from a role-playing church-based debate on intelligent design vs. evolution? I mean, what else could this be?

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Goldrick said...

That's insane!!! Feathered hair + JOB + DARWIN = insanity.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home