Thursday, January 19, 2006

Photo flashback of the week


While we're in the 80s still, how about prom? This is an entirely satirical dress and faux-fur stole, by the way, although I suspect that the satire may have been lost on my fellow prommates (though they were taken aback by the all-white rather than the usual all-black thing I was more prone to do). That guy was my one high school boyfriend, a student at Mannes College of Music brought in as a ringer for our high school musical -- I was playing the role of Hope Harcourt, and after his arrival found myself singing "All Through The Night" (...I delight in your love/All through the night you're so close to me...) directly at the brass section. After scanning this photo, I felt compelled to Google him, and turns out he's still playing trombone, except now professionally on Broadway and various jazz albums. At least one of us turned out successful...

1 Comments:

Blogger j-ka said...

wow, beautiful dress. I love that outfit. And yes, the satire is lost on me without a context. Of course I know you. But still.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home