Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The spookiness continues

Today I went to a workshop at the new building I'll be working in once I get my clearance. It is a secure site. I went by bus (well, bus and then bus) and many of my bus-mates were clearly lefty university professors being all public transportationy, so it was quite the shock to the system to arrive at my destination and walk around the high-security fence (a "Hercules" fence, made, perhaps, after the stable shovelling?), past the guard gatehouse (only after showing my badge), and past the in-building security desk, where I was forced to surrender my (possible security hazard) cell phone. I'll stop here -- if I write any more about this, I will probably have to find you and kill you.*

How did I get here?



*And obviously, no photo essay supplementing this entry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Goldrick said...

No body cavity searches when you left? What were they thinking?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Pangea said...

Kvit your kvetchin', McFoolery.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Pangea said...

Eh, maybe. So that is the last mention of genuine work-related spookiness. From this point out, only genero-spookiness to be found here!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home