Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Move 2005

Even though my camera was at the ready for the whole journey, I found the Illinois-Indiana-Ohio-Pennsylvania-Maryland route to be, well, not particularly photogenic. So we begin our photographic odyssey just after arrival. Here we see Wethead, whose love of boxes is so overwhelming that he must jump into one of the newly purchased Ikea underbed boxes before it is even assembled.
Not long after, Wethead and the Sveltie met one of the cats next door. A dramatic moment.
Now we apparently have a new morning routine. I open the kitchen door, within half an hour Mr. Aggressive Gray Cat From Next Door comes by, yowling ensues, I close the kitchen door. So much for cross-ventilation.
Meanwhile, the Giklet didn't really emerge until after Dad's departure, but then was jolly as can be.


Labor Day weekend was boring, but the weather was good, so I went hiking in an eh park near Gaithersburg: park website claims of 16 miles of creekside hikes were greatly exaggerated. I did, however, see this tree, apparently felled by gnawing beavers. No other signs of beaver habitation, though, sad to say. The only other invasive animal behavior of the weekend was this, Wethead's attempt to keep me from putting together my Andersonville photo-essay album. Jerk.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home