Thursday, July 20, 2006

A killer time at the beach

One morning at the beach house, after a night of drinking and debauchery that I checked out of a bit early (between sleeping and digestive disorders, I'm a total lameass these days, although in my defense here, early = 1 am), I woke up at around 6:30 and headed down to the beach. It had rained the night before and was incredibly misty. So misty that I could barely see the walkway I had just come from, or the simple fisherfolk that set up along the shore just after dawn, or anything more than 10 feet in front of me, really. The previous night's storm had apparently been hard on the creatures of the sea, and the shoreline was littered with the carcasses of all kinds animals. There were wee little crablets, and mid-sized transparent non-stinging jellyfish, and larger, oddly bubbly stinging-type jellyfish, and even a quite large skate. Saddest of all, though, was my discovery back at the house that the mists -now burned off- had been obscuring the body of one of the biggest victims of all - Fish, one of more boisterous members of the Delaware vacation crew. These are the effects of partying hearty that they just don't show in the Budweiser ads...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home